A great opportunity for a full time, fluent English speaker to work as a classroom assistant in our Montessori preschool in Vrhnika. We’re on the lookout for a friendly, positive and enthusiastic English speaker to join the team. The aim is to create a safe, nurturing environment where the children can learn and grow naturally and independently, and you’ll play a vital role in making that happen.
So, what will you be doing? You’ll work closely with the others in the Children’s house to support children in their learning and development activities, help to maintain the classroom environment, and communicate with parents and guardians as needed. Of course, you’ll bring your own unique skills and talents to the table too!
Here are the things we’re looking for in an ideal candidate:
- Fluency in English with good English diction.
- A passion for working with young children.
- Kindness, patience, and a positive attitude.
- Strong observation skills.
- Willingness to learn and adapt to the Montessori philosophy and approach.
- An all rounder, an extrovert – someone who is happy to sing, dance, exercise, create new ideas and materials, whilst all the time maintaining a focus on a child’s needs and adapting the environment accordingly.
Montessori experience and certification are desirable, as well as spoken Slovene and experience of working with children. However, what really matters are personal attributes, like a passion for working with children, a desire to help out around the house as part of the team, and a willingness to learn and grow with the team. We’re looking for someone who’s excited about the Montessori approach and who embodies the core values of Montessori philosophy, including respect, independence and self-motivation.
The ideal candidate should have a personal interest in Montessori education and a passion for lifelong learning, such that they can grow with us over the long term.
Working hours: Full time (8 hours a day) with a probationary period of 6 months.
If this sounds like you, we’d love to hear from you! Just send your CV and a brief cover letter to email@example.com telling us a bit about yourself, your personal attributes, and why you’d be a great fit. We look forward to hearing from you.